Summer HS XC Training
This summer, 620 Running will be offering Cross Country Training geared toward high school level athletes - 620 Gold. This training plan will lay the foundation and multi-pronged base (endurance, strength, speed) to prepare our athletes for a successful fall XC season.
- Supervised training in a fun and encouraging group setting.
- Individualized training plan for each athlete
- Training Priority #1: establishing consistency, working toward training frequency of 6-7 days per week.
- Training Priority #2: ramping up weekly training volume to an appropriate level for high school competition using a measured progression that maximizes adaptation and minimizes risk of overuse.
- Training Priority #3: “Quality” sessions addressing stamina, strength, and technique with pacing and volume individualized for each athlete.
- Although our training for this group will be focused on XC preparation, athletes are also welcome to participate in the summer club track season meets.
Tentative Summer Schedule:
May (For athletes not currently training with their school team.)
M-F 5:30 PM - 6:50 PM + Weekend Long Run
June / July
M-F 7:30 AM - 8:50 AM @ Towne Square Park (Steiner Ranch)
Sat - Off / Track Meet
Sun - 6:15 AM Long Run (usually Barton Springs Pool)
Cost: $110 / month
Save your spot by filling out this quick Interest Form.